Mission Gallery is one of Wales’ best adapted spaces for the contemporary arts. Mission Gallery has developed a reputation for dynamic and distinctive programming, to present excellence across the visual arts, applied arts and craft, from across Wales and beyond.
With exhibition space, craft space, learning space, events, residency opportunities and more. Mission Gallery provides the local and wider community with opportunities to develop their understanding and knowledge of art. Mission Gallery offers a collective experience in which visitors can immerse themselves in; exhibitions that take risks and push the boundaries of visual art; the opportunity to purchase cutting edge design and contemporary craft and engage in friendly conversation with art led individuals. Mission Gallery seamlessly provides raw creative energy, an exceptional place to shop for every price range, and a commitment to learning, ensuring every age group is welcome.
Mission Gallery is housed in a Grade II listed building and began its existence in 1977 as a voluntary artist run – artist led body. It developed into a professional organisation although remained voluntary until constituted as a Not for Profit Company Limited by Guarantee, in 2008. Governed by a voluntary board of directors, the management, programming and running is maintained by art-led staff and a dedicated team of volunteers.
Mission Gallery is supported by the Arts Council of Wales
- Rosie Currie | Maker in Focus - 09/09/2017 - 15/10/2017 - All Day
- the [...] space | Isabelle Gressel - 09/09/2017 - 15/10/2017 - 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Doug Ashford | Bunker 2 - 30/09/2017 - 11/11/2017 - 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Fashion Object | Adult Workshop|Anna Lewis - 07/10/2017 - 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Product Design | Maker in Focus - 12/10/2017 - 12/11/2017 - All Day
- Philip Corner: Metal Meditations | Swansea International Festival in association with NAWR - 12/10/2017 - 7:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- the [...] space | A J Stockwell - 21/10/2017 - 12/11/2017 - 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Objects and Heirlooms | Adult Workshop | Shellie Holden - 04/11/2017 - 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Surface Pattern Design | Maker in Focus - 18/11/2017 - 07/01/2018 - All Day
- Living // BywTextiles Exhibition - 18/11/2017 - 31/12/2017 - 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Christmas Opening Day - 18/11/2017 - 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Telling Stories | Adult Workshop | Alison Moger - 02/12/2017 - 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Warp & Weft | Adult Workshop | Ann Jordan - 20/01/2018 - 11:00 am - 4:00 pm